Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Menswear S/S 2014 Review Part I : It's all about prints


Hello my dear readers,
I am glad to finally come back to you guys after a long break, which I took to travel. I am starting this week with a review of few of the collections presented for a menswear s/s 2014 season.
First of all, I would like to say that I am really impressed with what I see on the runways for the next season. Of course, not all of the collections are yet out, however, introduction is really powerful and will boost an amazing customers interest in particular brands.
I named first of my reviews It's all about prints and it is considering mainly three brands: Fendi, Etro and Dolce & Gabbana. These three brands introduced few print ideas for the next years season. If we take a look at Fendi collection, you can notice a range of futuristic shapes made in cohesive colors. Even though colors play really well together and are part of one thought, every item has a certain shade which makes a popping accent in a whole look.
If we go further, Etro gives us a story of a rather wild traveller. This man is not afraid of adventures and  is open to the world. He travels and he is definitely not safe to interact with, but in a good way. For me, this collection is really innovative and could set quite a trend. Even though all items are perfectly cohesive and from outfit to the outfit it grows on the runway, some parts are perfect for different out of the city occasions while some are urbanized for a city dandy.
Third of the collections I would like to present for you today is Dolce & Gabbana. As I have mentioned in my previous articles considering D&G fashion house latest creations for both men and women, they came up with a really innovative source of inspiration and idea for the print, which is noticeable in different variations through out the seasons. Outfits play together really well and I see this man in various kind of situations, which he is prepared for really great. However, I believe that D&G has to come up with a new source of inspiration or maybe add a unique piece to the items which would make the collection stand out because as for now, fashion house makes an impression of a to be continued collection, which is stocked by new items every season.

Fendi:





Etro:





Dolce & Gabbana:




(great sources of information and also sources of these pictures: dolce&gabbana.com and style.com)



No comments:

Post a Comment